my throat is changing - reflux questions
Hello- I'm 27 years old, and during the past several weeks, my throat feels like it has something in it.  Several people have said my voice sounds hoarse. I did not pay much attention, until I tasted blood from my throat on Saturday after I coughed...I used a flashlight and observed a red/yellow circular bump and some of the skin next to my uvula actually has a hole in it!
Does this sound like a reflux issue? I have a history of crohns and barrets esophagus...so I have some degree of reflux, but never heartburn. I also use oxygen, which is drying. Additionally, I have a history or smoking and drinking.
I'm worried, though, because I also have a history of metastatic cancer, and there is a swollen node (? assuming its a node) behind my ear. Is this a real concern?
I'm seeing the ENT tomorrow, but I guess I'm hoping for reassurance.  I'd say this has been developing slowly for a long time, but it may have been exacerbated last winter when I was intubated... to me, signs point to reflux...thoughts?
Thanks :)

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

I am not a medical professional and this is a support forum, so I really can not say....but it is possible with Barretts that u have an acid issue, some reflux conditions do not always have heart burn as a symptom....so, it is good u r going to the Dr as that is where u will get answers for all of ur concerns.

As far as ur intubation being an issue most times that is a faster onset of thrush and is very easily dx'd....

Good luck with the ENT and do post an update on what u find out : )
Thank you!! I really appreciate the input! Of course only a doctor can diagnose this but I was just wondering if someone may have had a similar experience (and hopefully it was not very serious). I will definitely update this post after I see the doc. Thank you again so much!!

The issue is u have so much going on that it is not easy to compare to others...as I mentioned some types of reflux do not have heart burn and can feel like there is something in the throat...but with ur other dx's u have already had I would not want to have u think that is all it is, and it is possible that is all it is, but it may be something else....

It is so diff to speculate when u have so many things going on....hopefully someone with similar issues will post as well.

Do post an update after u see ur Dr.
The doctor said my throat looks OK, but a bit inflamed...he thinks its reflux (yay!) and we will keep an eye on things. thank you again :)

So glad that is all it was...so happy for u....so mind ur diet and lifestyle as u can help reduce the acid that caused the inflammation...

Best wishes to u <3
Hi there,

With a diagnosis of Barrets E your throat symptoms could be reflux, but then it should be uncontrolled GERD to reach the throat and cause ENT symptoms.

Did your Doctor prescribe you any anti-acids/PPI's?