GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
omeprazole alternative

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

omeprazole alternative

I've been reading that omeprazole has a whole list of problems and I would like to know what is the best alternative on a daily basis. Thank you,
HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

Most meds, rx or OTC will have some side effecs....if u r experiencing them ur dr can rx meds of a diff type...omeprazole is the generic for prilosec...it is a PPI.....u might want to try thr rx strenght of pepcid which is a HI....I recently switched bcuz of the effects of the PPI's overshadowed any thing positive for me.

We all must avoid foods that will affect us and learn to relax...nething to help to naturally reduce the acid in our system.

Once u have the acid under control, u may want to try some all natural items, BUT always discuss these with ur dr.Keep in mind, all natural does not mean u might not have a reaction to it..or that it will work.

Read the Health Pages here on MedHelp....start in our welcome message wt the top of the forum and use the links to the pages of info.

Keep us posted on ur progress and ur med choice
"selma"
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
50-Year Cover-Up
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
May 26