GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
pain between shoulder blades
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pain between shoulder blades

I was  diagnosed with Acid Reflux 7 years ago.  On nexium 40mg daily.  Four days ago I had nausea, black tarry stool, and back pain between shoulder blades.  Went to Dr. and took blood test and stool sample.  Hemoglobin and Hematacrats (sp) were normal but I had blood in the stools.   I had been taking high does of anti inflammatory for back pain without any food on the day I had nausea and black stools.   I quit the anti inflammatories and stools are now normal but back pain persists.

Your insight please.