pressure/lump in upper chest
I haven't officially been diagnosed with GERD but while I was pregnant went to the ER with chest pains. Everything was checked out (chest xray, CT, leg dopplars etc) and at the end he said it was probably GERD. I am now 3 months post-partum and experiencing this weird pressure in my upper chest. Like a fullness, or that my stomach is too high in my chest (if that makes any sense!). If I wasn't really focussing on it, I'd say it feels like my breathing was not right too. But when I burp, I have acid or if I bend over sometimes I have acid taste in my mouth. Was wondering if meds (breastfeeding compatible) would make this sensation go away. It is making me quite anxious.

1. can you have this without the burn?
2. can it give you a weird sensation in your chest?
3. or, like your throat is tighter or there is a lump deep down

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Now that u r post partum u should have further testing...could be u have a hiatial hernia that slides and while pregnant moved up into ur diaphragm and why u feel like u do....

Deff go to a GI Dr and get tested....if it is a sliding Hiatial hernia they can sometimes manually manipulate it with out surgery....but things do get shoved out of place when pregnant and this could be a reason....so do look into it further. Until u see the Dr avoid foods that trigger the symptoms and especially if u r breast feeding as it can pass it to the baby and then u both will fell colicky...

Good Luck and do post an update on ur progress

and Best wish with ur little one. <3
My GERD started either right before or shortly after having my twins.  I did not realize what it was because it did not burn.  what I got was severe chest pain that went all the way through to my back, up to my neck and it even made my teeth hurt sometimes.

Yes, it can give a weird sensationin your chest--almost like something is stuck in there .  It can also make you feel like you have a lump in your throat--i think they call it globus sensation--or something similar.

You can take a PPI while you are nursing a baby.  It should make alot of the symptoms go away--but you may still feel some of them.
By the way, I always suspected i had developed a hiatal hernia from carrying my twins---I finally got a look at my medical records a few years ago--and i do have a hiatal hernia--no one ever told me, though.