prevacid and stomach pain
I have eosinophilic esophagitis, and I have had severe reflux for 22 years.  I have fought taking PPis over the years but when I developed the EE, I had to go on high dose prevacid---30 mgs, 2x daily.   I wake up some mornings with stabbing pain in my gut with the first deep breath that I take.

I experimented recently afte wakin gup in pain, and didn't ake the prevacid that night.  i woke up with no pain in my gut.

Has anyone else had a PPI cause them stomach pain?

I am also on a swallowed steroid for the EE.

U really should talk with ur Dr and tell him/her about the stomach pain, it may be a side effect and u may need to be on a diff med....PPI's do not work for all of us...but, u should talk with ur Dr and takes meds the way they RX them....so do see ur Dr about this.
I have taken prevacid off and on for years without any problem.  When the stomach pain started, I thought it was caused by my adrenal insufficiency, since it is one of the symptoms.    I have only been on the high dose for about 5 months--and I think the stomach pain started before that---but there is definitely a connection to it now.

I had to raise my HC, was having symptoms that suggested my basline dose was too low.  I wonder if the HC was the original cause of my stomach pain, and now the prevacid is just perpetuating it.