GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
reflux?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

reflux?

I have a pressure at the bottom of my esphogus and i've had esphogeal (spelling?) spasms of and on...i've also had bouts of excessive salive when this pressure is at its most..is this acid  reflux or something else?                                                                    

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

GERD can cause excessive salivation....and the spasms. Have u been to a GI Dr recently to see what is going on?

U should be modifying ur diet and lifestyle to help control the acid....

The first thing u will want to do is elevate the head of ur bed to keep the acids down where they belong....keep a journal of which foods trigger ur symptoms and look at the foods that  r safe and which ones to avoid, u may have a diff list when u r done looking at ur journal, but the list is a great guide to help u get started.

Lifestyle tips, no smoking, no alcohol,carbonated bevs...tight clothes....

Ne change in weight can cause GERD symptoms to flare.,..so a drop, or increase in weight may cause u to feel poorly while u transition....but follow the diet modifications and if on meds continue to use them and then slowly step off to prevent rebound effect .....

Keep us posted on ur progress : )
I am so sorry that you have so much trouble with your stomach...I take Dicyclomine for esophageal spasms.  they call this condition IBS - Irritable bowel syndrome.  The dicyclomine works pretty fast and helps relax the spasm so you can eat.   I hope your doctor will let you try this medication - it works.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro