GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
small streaks of blood in my spit after i throw up

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Ok, everytime i vomit, i wait a couple of seconds and i spit small streaks of bloodwith my spit. This is really strange as after 1 minute there is no more blood in the spit. this happens everytime i vomit and there is no blood in the vomit. Doctors all told me its nothing as long as its not a lot of bleeding and all the time. They think everytime i vomit it ruptures blood vessels. Usually my vomit is not long but forceful. I also a suffer a bit from GERD. please help me im hypochrondiac and im scarred.
Violent vomiting can lead to tear in the lower end of the foodpipe and this can cause symptoms which you have mentioned.
It can be confirmed with upper GI endoscopy.
Get evaluated why you keep vomiting.
yeah but the thing that i find strange is why there is no blood present in the vomit? Like why blood only comes after when i spit? And also i must mention i have a very dry nose and i always spit thick mucus sometimes with yellow color in it... could it play a role in this?
Hi, yesterday i went for upper gi endoscopy and they saw nothing, the doctor which was very good didnt see anything wrong, no ulcer, nothing. Also i forgot to say but about a month ago i went to the ent for the scope and he saw nothing. At that time i also had the blood in spit problem after vomiting (like i said the little bleeding is always after vomiting, it never happens if i dont vomit). Im sure its not from the lungs, so it must be coming from the throat. Maybe my nose cause my nose is always dry and sore, but if it was my nose and dont know why it would happen when i vomit as if there was acid in my nose and bleeding i would know? At first i thought maytbe the scope for the throat was wrong, but i must stop thinking that way cause im a hypochondriac and ENT usually know what theyre doiing and my ENT has a lot of experience. So i dont understand but it must be that everytime i vomit, its forceful and i break blood vessels? Anyone can help me? Thank you very much :)
Can the doc or somebody please help me? I just want to know what it could be causing this? I mean ive done every tests throat and stomach and nothing.can the blood come from my nose when i puke and irrate it? Cause i dont see how i could spit blood afterwards.Like why does almost everytime i vomit, i spit blood afterwards but i dont see blood in the vomit only in the spit?? I dont underst5and cause i had the upper endoscopy and nothing was wrong and then an ent looked at my throat and saw nothing? I suffer from GERD LPR where the acid comes back into my mouth and it burns, but now this doesnt happen anymore as im takin nexium and it works. Why would the ent see nothing on the scope when im `00% sure i have lpr and why doesnt he see something on the scope can u please help me doc?
A related discussion, same issue was started.