surgury again
just had surgery for the 6th time in 12 years for INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS of the bladder,they had to stretch the bladder at first every 2-5 years now has been only one year,and usually takes 3 days to feel better has been 2 weeks and feel horrible,specialist saw today said wait 2 months to see how I am.It suks as work as a flagger and sometimes have to wait 5 hours for washroom so cant work.Messing up work.This year has been horrible hurt my back and shoulder,and then lump in throat now this every year hope it will be able to fix this.
I'm sorry you are in so much pain.  One thing you can do is avoid tomatoes and citrus as they irritate the bladder and can cause your interstitial cystitis to flare up.  Unfortunately, they haven't found a cure - I have a friend who also has IC,  Her doctor told her to avoid red meat as well... don't know what that will do, but it's worth a try.
thank you so much anything helps,saw specialist yesterday and he gave me a list tomatoes and citris  and tea and coffee,all the things I love,quit smoking 6 months ago so pepsi was my drink,he said no alcohol either.Which there was a cure.he was thinking to put me on Elmiron but said it makes you lose your hair and other things too,so he said hoping surgury will help must wait 2 months to see if worked.
I'm glad you saw a specialist.  I hope avoiding those foods will help you.  I don't know how I'll give up coffee.... (My doctor said I need to).  I'm down to one cup a day, but it's hard to give up things you love!  Sometimes there's no other way - Have you tried Ginger Ale?  It's supposed to help.  I hope you don't have to take Elmiron - it sounds awful!
YA I have coffee everyday it suks not to have it and hard have been drinking decafe not the same and no pepsi no drinkinging all the good things.Taking pyridine for pain,wish pain go away so go back to work.No income suks.Funny last surgery worked but not this time for some reason.wish was a cure.Have to stay away from pop so no gingerale either,no aciric drinks or fruits tomatoes either,love ketchup too.
I wish there was something more I could suggest.  My friend suffers from this condition so badly too.  She was thinking of going on SSI because she can't work anymore.  The pain is so intense and the Dr. has tried her on several different pain meds.  Her last surgery didn't help her either.  Have you tried the Alkaline diet?  Since it's alkaline it might help.  - I need to be alkaline also as I have several health problems that cause inflammation and the Alkaline diet is supposed to help with that. - Again, I am so sorry that you have this painful condition.  I wish you all the best.