GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
tightness in neck and chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

tightness in neck and chest

My mom complains of tightness in neck then to her chest whenever she takes her blood pressure meds.  She said sometimes if feels like she wants to burp.  What causes that?
Hi, are the meds going down all the way and not stopping along the way and disolving in her esophagus, right?  Otherwise, I'm not sure but do tell her Dr in case she is allergic somehow.

Maybe if allowed, try crushing the pills and eat with pudding or applesauce, etc. and see if it helps at all.  It *may* be that sensation of being stuck in the throat and/or disolving other than in the stomach.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro