worse after nissan
I had a nissan fundoplication on April 4 of this year. I am worse now than before. Nothing, absolutely nothing makes a difference in what I eat. I am on the toilet in less than 10 minutes with severe diarrhea. My stomach extends and there is terrible pain in my lower right side.

The surgeon is a jerk...I told my issues to him and all he said was"i fixed your GERD." I don't know what to do! What is going on? Did he damage my vagus nerve? I'm going to my GP and ask him to send my to a specialist in a good hospital so I can go on with my life...

Anyone else have/had these issues?

Hi....I have heard both sides of the coin for this procedure...some have great results while others not so much.

I have to ask if u tried to test ur PH to see if mayb u have an infection or something like that from surgery...or it is an after effect of the meds....

Some times it is a matter of getting back into balance ...ask about trying probiotics with ur GP see what he/she suggests.

Keep us posted
I had a very positive result from a Nissen Fundoplication procedure.  Have you had a followup Endoscopy to determine the condition of the surgically impacted area?  Certainly, you need a second opinion.  Keep us informed.
I have been on Floramax probiotics for 2 months post nissan but to no avail...I'm going to my GP this week, cant take it anymore..Will ask to send me to a GI to look into these things...

thanks for your input!
No, I haven't had a post endoscopy, definitely need a second opinion...

thanks...
Hi there,

I had a Nissen Fundo done in Feb. 2012.  I have always had problems with slow bowel movements/constipation and was in hospital again after I was discharged, due to bladder not working and constipation.  I am young and have severe GERD damage (i.e. long segment of Barrets) and that is the only reason why I agreed to have the Nissen.

I never experienced heartburn before the operation, but at least now I should have a better chance of not getting fatal cancer.

I don't know what is the cause for your diarrhea, but some Specialists believe that you can develop IBS after the Nissen.
that sounds like dumping syndrome.  i know it is a complication that people can get after a fundo---but I thought it eventually went away.  It has been awhile since I was up on the possible complications of having a fundo.    I have a 9 year old daughter that was born with a hiatal hernia.  She had such severe reflux that she had to have a nissen fundo about a week before she turned 10 months old.   She has never had any complications from her fundo.  She cannot throw up, but she can burp.

I also have severe reflux and possible eosinophilic esophagitis---I have trouble swallowing---I've had my esophagus dilated 3 times and need it done again.    I carried a set of twins almost 22 years ago---I am sure that is when I developed a haiatal hernia---since that is when my chest pain started.   Our local surgeon told me years ago that it was just a matter of time before I would have to have surgery because I was so young and my symptoms were so bad.    I refuse to take PPIs, so I end up sleeping in the recliner alot---we raised our bed so i could sleep in it--but the stupid sheets want to slide off!!

I am at the point that I want to have surgery.  I did not remember the surgeon suggesting surgery years ago until I read my medical records---but I do remember him telling me that esophageal cancer was a bad way to go.
I had the TIF  Transoral incisionless fundiplcation.  And I too am in pain and have as much if not more heartburn/stomach pain than before.  The first few months I was fine, but not any more.  I don't recommend the surgery - I did at first.  Am going to see my Gastroenterologist after the holidays.  The surgeon only said, "Well. I can't do any more to help you."  

Sometimes fennel seems to help the pain or anise.  But for the most part, I hurt after I eat.  - So sorry you are suffering in the same way. :(
Forgot to mention that I am taking Dicyclomine for the esophageal spasms and it seems to help.  I want to try the Alkaline diet as they say that is what works for GERD.  - Have you tried the "cure" juice?  I bought a juicer - now I need to try the apple, raw potato and carrot juice to see if it really helps.