GLBTQ Community User Group
Do You Have Support?
About This Group:

If you or someone you know or love identifies as GLBTor Q (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender or Questioning), this is a safe, non-judgmental place to talk about your concerns, bring your questions, ask for advice or just vent away!

Founded by bzzykaz on September 13, 2012
11 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do You Have Support?

Well, since I've started this community, I am going to pose the first question...

How supportive is your family about your lifestyle?  Were they accepting when you "came out?"  Do you have a good network of friends?  
1 Comment
Blank
3488909_tn?1347460812
My story:  My daughters ENCOURAGED me to seek out a female partner after my second marriage dissolved (one is bisexual, the other is bicurious).  They said it kind of jokingly, and I was NOT looking for ANY relationship whatsoever.  I had had a little experience with women when I was with my second husband; he was into the open marriage thing (his idea NOT mine!).  So when I completely WAS NOT LOOKING, that's when it happened.  I met up with an old friend of mine, my best friend from Jr. High.  She is a lesbian.  In any case, we were instantly attracted to each other.

My kids were just fine with this.  My mother, on the other hand, is the opposite of fine.  She doesn't understand how I could be straight all my life, and actually still identify myself as "straight," but in love with this woman.  It is kind of confusing, isn't it?  My brothers are accepting as are most of my friends.  My sister...I don't know.  My dad seems ok.  There are some people I haven't told, old relatives because I don't think they could handle it.

We are going on 3 years now.  Obviously, we are not kids...In our 40's.  

So that's my story.  Feel free to jump in and add yours.
Blank
Recent Activity
5840009_tn?1395493115
Blank
ROSYouralright commented on ActingBrandNew's status
May 31
5840009_tn?1395493115
Blank
ROSYouralright commented on photo
May 31
5840009_tn?1395493115
Blank