Gallbladder Expert Forum
9 days after Gallbladder removal and now I'm really scared

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

I had my gallbladder removed 9 days ago, and just had a followup with my Dr. saying I had Chronic Cholecystitis.  The problem I have now is with my stomach.  They already did an EGD and said my stomach is fine, but now after the GB removal I feel queasier than ever.  Also my cramps and bloating seem to be getting worse.  If I sit for too long my stomach feels really tight.  It's to the point where my limbs are shaking, and I feel like I'm going to faint.  Is this normal, and if it is when will it pass?  
It would be far to premature to initiate an evaluation as your complaints are typical symptoms immediately post op from gallbladder surgery. The stomach doesn't return to normal emptying for as much as two or three weeks post op. Gastric irritation due to the stasis is common during this period. The chronic cholecystitis would be the expected finding and was the original indication for the surgery.