Gallbladder Expert Forum
93% ejection fraction after HIDA scan

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

93% ejection fraction after HIDA scan

I have been having "classic " gallbladder symptoms since the birth of my daughter in 2010. My ultrasound came back normal with no stones so I was sent in for a HIDA scan , about an hour after the cck injection I had massive stomach cramps and loose stool that lasted until the next day. My doctors PA called me with the HIDA results and said everything was normal, I asked her what my ejection fraction was and she said 93%. Before I went in for the
scan I had done some research and found out that a 93% was indeed not normal, which I in turn told the PA. I have an appointment to meet with the surgeon on March 18 and I wanted some concrete information that I could show him in case he is in the majority of physicians that believe anything above 35% is normal. I am sick of this constant pain and being unable to eat much of anything , and would very much like to have my gallbladder removed.
I would point out the obvious - what you want is symptom relief. If a cholecystectomy would make that likely then it is the right thing to do. The best argument to remove your gallbladder is data out of the Cleveland Clinic which indicate that reproduction of symptoms is a better indicator of relief following cholecystectomy than ejection fraction.