Gallbladder Community
After Gall Bladder surgery

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

After Gall Bladder surgery

After gall bladder surgery (6 months after) whenever I stand or walk more than a few minutes I get a feeling that something is pinching or twisting in my abdomen (right side under rib cage) than I start getting bloated that wont relieve until I sit down or lay down. What could it be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be due to post operative adhesions. The other causes could be gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and GERD. Disorders of the liver and colon could also cause pain. Kidney disorders too produce colicky and sharp pain. Sometimes anxiety with flatulence can cause this pain. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper evaluation of pain and therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I'm curious as to what your surgeon has said about this pain????? It does sound like it could possibly be adhesions.......
my surgeon cas't see me till May. I tried my GP and GI ddoctor & they both say go back to the surgeon. No one seems to want to address it. The surgeon intially told me to go the GP & I told him both other drs told me to go back to thw surgeon. I'm tempted to just go to the ER. Haven't decided yet.
I had my gallbladder removed about 5 months ago and I am having the same problem! Did you every figure out what was wrong? I hate going to the doc!
Did you ever get this pain identified and under control?  I had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago and just returned from the ER due to intense pain.