Gallbladder Expert Forum
Alcohol Post Surgery

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Alcohol Post Surgery

Hi there,

I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago. I was also diagnosed and took the appropriate meds for H-Pylori. I have recovered well and I feel pretty good. I am careful with my diet, and I seem to be able to indulge here and there with not much trouble.

The problem I am having is drinking alcohol. I am not interested in getting drunk every weekend, but I would like to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, or a few drinks with friends on occasion. Every time I consume alcohol, even just one or two drinks, I spend hours of the night with extreme nausea and diarreah (diarrhea). I am hoping that with time this will pass or that you have some other advice? Is there anything I can do to minimize the reaction I am having? I realize the easy sollution is just not to drink anything, but I would like to have the option.

Thanks!
It does seem odd that it is only after alcohol. My bet is that a little cholestyramine would improve the situation.
A related discussion, Tenderness in gallbladder site was started.