Gallbladder Expert Forum
Biliary dyskinesia
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Biliary dyskinesia

Had GB problems, attacks, vomiting bile, for the last 35 years. Always the same result from studies, sludge, not cysts or stones. white count elevated sick for 3 to 4 days. I would feel pain start and go NPO for a few days just water and tylenol and could stave off most major attacks. In November had major attack with no warning, lots of vomiting and retching, to the ED where i was dx with idiopathic pancreatitis, remained in hospital 4 days on fluids, lots of fluids 250cc/hr for 4 days. I did not want to remain in hospital (nurses are the worst patients) for the next three days to await survey to remove GB so i was discharged day 4. Scheduled to return on day 8 for GB removal surgicenter. Had heart attack day 6, stints placed plavix times 30 days and GB removal after plavix stopped X 8 days. Remained on very low fat low carb diet in the interim. Post GB removal RUQ pain remains daily, vomiting bile and nausea at least weekly with any fat, red meats and dairy. Just retuned from GI dr. said i need to wait a few more months for real conclusion but will do MRI and MRCP and check amylase and lipase. GI said it may be Biliary dyskinesia. Can this be controlled with diet alone???  Can this cause complications with Pancreas?
P.S. galbladder was said to be full of polyps and adhesions and adhered to bowel and liver???
2827584_tn?1340583296
What a miserable course. Have you had a gastric emptying study? A common co-traveler with biliary dyskinesia is alkaline reflux gastritis. Usually treatable with sucralfate +/- Reglan. Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction would certainly be another possibility.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity