Gallbladder Community
Body Literally Deteriorating-Please Help. Very Desperate

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I am a 20 year old male, athletic build with sinusitis being only past medical history. There is a lot of cancer on my father’s side of the family but none on my mothers.
During the summer, I started to develop stabbing abdominal cramps followed by mustard-yellow colored explosive diarrhea. The diarrhea was abnormally foul smelling, it floated, and seemed really acidic. When I wiped, the toilet paper would look almost neon yellow. Two to three times a week for the three month summer vacation, I would have this yellow diarrhea. I figured that the yellow color was just stomach acid and nothing to worry about. In late August, when I returned to college, I started to get this diarrhea consistently for a full two weeks that was accompanied by lower right quadrant abdominal pain along with lower right back pain, night sweats, weight loss, chills, and thirst increase. When I eventually reached out for help in early September I was rushed to the E.R. for a possible appendicitis. The CT Scan in the E.R. showed that I had borderline appendicitis due to the appendicitis not filling with the contrast fully and the mesenteric lymph nodes of the area being “shoddy”.  I was given Cipro and Flagyl for two weeks to see if that would fight the infection. After an ultrasound, they found my appendix healed completely. While the yellow explosive diarrhea has returned to coming 2-3 times/week (rather than the daily occurrences) the pain in my lower right abdomen and back continued at the same intensity. Meanwhile, I started to lose weight rapidly.
After a colonoscopy showing inflamed nodularity in the terminal illeum, an endoscopy showing “abnormal” results(definitely non-cancerous) in my upper small intestine and signs of GERD, another CT scan showing a thickened terminal ileum, and another six weeks of Cipro for a cured prostatitis, my gastroenterologist seems stumped. He has tested my adrenals and for any sign of infection-No Luck. He wonders about Crohn’s Disease but has no true evidence and truly doubts that Crohn’s Disease with this little amount of evidence could be causing these extreme symptoms. Since this is my second opinion doctor, I have another Colonoscopy AND Endoscopy on Wednesday so he can clarify those “abnormal” results and so he could look at my colon and ileum himself. Meanwhile, he is also doing a stool fat test that should have results by tomorrow.
By November I had lost 25 lbs so I started to eat much more than normal yet I still am not gaining weight (yet I am not loosing anymore weight). I am the most exhausted I have ever been in my life and these four months since September have truly been torturous. With my family history, I wonder about cancer of the pancreas, endocrine system, small intestine and lymphoma/leaukemia. Yet, I feel that something would have showed up by now on the two CT scans or the procedures. My family and friends are very worried about me and I am truly worried about dying. I am deteriorating. Please help

Tags: help, Cancer, Yellow Diarrhea
STOP eating meat - appendix problems are caused by eating too much meat. Google Dr McDougall and the vegan diet and start eating a plant based diet.
I will look into it! thank you shell921
Also,
I mispoke when I said "I am truly worried about dying". What I meant  just feel run down and I am the skinniest I have been in at least five years. The pain is uncomprehensible and I am just desperate for an answer. I may have been a little dramatic at the time when I posted last. Sorry!
Does anyone think this could be a gallbladder,pancreatic or liver deficiency?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The diarrhea could be due to gastroenteritis, malabsorption syndromes, diverticulitis, Chron's disease, ulcerative colitis and parasitic infections. For the chronic diarrhea, if the stool culture showed a growth it is an infective pathology otherwise non infective pathologies like inflammatory bowel diseases or growths have to be considered. Also, if you have altered bowel habits, it can occur in rectal tumors, inflammatory bowel diseases and sometimes in infections and also in irritable bowel disorders. As you wait for the evaluation process, ensure to include organic yogurt with your meals and have a healthy balanced diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Wow, thank you very much for all of your suggestions. That was amazing. I just got off the phone from my doctor who just told me that the endoscopy came up with "holes" in the duodenum yet the biopsy was tested for all diseases the in-house pathologist could think of. Also, the colonoscopy came back with many ulcers in my illeum with no signs of diverticulitus and a negative test for parasitic infection.  Also the stool test I had, had no fat in it nor no gwroth.
With the thickening of the illeum from my last CT, the colonoscopy results, and the symptoms I had, the doctor was ready to diagnose me with Crohns. Still, he wanted to be sure so he order a capsule endoscopy for me. The capsule came back negative, however the capsule went through the illeum too quickly to get a good look. Still, the rest of my small intestine looked fine. Therefore, he is not willing to diagnose me with Crohns. Soooooooo now back to the drawing board. I am going to suggest a "trial" with Crohns medications while I am getting tested by many of the tests you listed above. Thank you again for all of your help. I will make sure to adress all that I can.
Thank you and God bless.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello tom and hope you are doing well.

The ulcers in the intestine can occur with infections like typhoid or tuberculosis. Tuberculosis can cause an evening rise of temperature and increased sweating. This also causes a loss of appetite; as such this is accompanied by weight loss. So, record your temperatures, on a two hourly basis to detect an evening rise of temperature.  The temperature is usually low grade. Please check with your doctor to rule out this condition. This can be cured with medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.