Bowel Movements.
I had my gall bladder remove on 4/9/12. Doctor told me that I might experience some loose bowels movements for a while after the surgery untill my body got used to not having the gall bladder..The first month and a half was not too bad.. had some loose bowels but it was not so bad.. but now it seems like anything that I eat, gives me bad stomach cramps and I have to have a bowel movement which is lose..but what really is bothering me more...is the stomach cramps.. they don't stop when I move my bowels plus that the odor is so foul.and I just do not think this is normal.. other people tell me about the loose stools, but they said they do not have this awful odor.. What should I do? I am desperate. I am scared to eat anything at all.
Have they given you any cholestyramine? Usually this symptom is well controlled with a combination of cholestyramine and fiber. I find that the quicker it is treated the less bothersome it becomes and the more rapid the resolution.