Gallbladder Expert Forum
Chest tightness/pain, Bloating, Nauseau

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Chest tightness/pain, Bloating, Nauseau

Hey guys, so a few days ago my chest felt tight so I panicked a bit and believe I had a mini panic attack, even though I have never really had those so I'm not exactly sure. I went to the doctor the next day and had an EKG, breath test and blood test done before they told me I was fine and had anxiety. I was kind of surprised because I'm usually quite calm. Anyways, the next day, I was having chest tightness/pain in the upper abdomen/lower chest area and had a hard time eating because I would get nauseas. Today, I woke up hungry, ate a little bit and my stomache felt bloated while i was still recieving that chest discomfort. I have a feeling it isn't anxiety but I'm not exactly sure, I will go to the doctor on monday and ask for an ultrasound done because the symptoms seem similar to those of gallstones. If you guys have had these problems, I would love some feedback on what it was and how you guys dealt with it.Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this post!BTW I am only 18 and I am a male
Tags: gallbladder, chest tightness, Chest, tight, bloat, high blood pressureoated, bloating, nausea, Pain, Chest Pain
Gastroesophageal and gallbladder disease are both common sources of non-cardiac chest pain. I would think that these would be ruled out by your physician.
Sounds like alot of the stuff i've been through. Found out I had a Hiatal Hernia. It's caused alot of problems. There have been several of occasions I felt like something like a heart attack would feel like. Felt almost certain and freaked out went in same thing. Nothing wrong. I have done alot of research on it ever since and a Hiatal Hernia is called "The Big Mimic" as it mimics all sorts of other conditions including serious ones when it is nothing more than the Hiatal Hernia. If it persists you should go into a gastroenterologist and see about an upper endoscopy. Could be Gallbladder as you have suggested especially if you are getting pain in your right quadrant or "liver area". Hang in there and be strong. This stuff can be scary to deal with when you are in pain or getting alot of symptoms with no answers or relief. Also an MRI or CT Scan would shed some light on your Gallbladder and allow them to see what is going on in there.Take care!
I would like to correct concept or two here. The problem you are talking about is gastroesophageal reflux. People with a hiatal hernia are no more likely to have GERD than those without. Approximately 20% of the US population can be demonstrated to have a hiatal hernia on UGI. The role of upper endoscopy is to detect the complications of reflux, not reflux itself. Also, if the question is gallbladder disease, CT doesn't really have a role and MRI would only be employed if there is a question of stones in the common bile duct or, potentially, a gallbladder mass. If the symptoms are suggestive of gallbladder disease and other UGI sources have been ruled out, a functional test (HIDA with CCK) would be in order.