Gallbladder Community
Cholecystitis, removal this week, life after removal
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cholecystitis, removal this week, life after removal

I've been sick for 3 weeks now with severe symptoms, but have had these problems for about 5 years now. Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, severe dizziness, diareah, passing out, and severe upper quadrant pain. I am also epileptic so my once controlled seizures are now crazy and out of hand. I was diagnosed with Cholecystitis this evening in the ER and will be having surgery this week. I don't know much about life after gall bladder removal and I would love some insight. Can I lose weight, as I have been doing P90X and previously changed my entire diet to lose it? I'm really worried it might hinder my progress. Is the surgery comparable to an appendectomy? Recovery times? I'm sick of being sick so can this really help?! Is there any advice you can give about post removal? I'm reading as many articles as I can, but I would rather here honest to goodness stories and/or advice from people who have experienced it. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is feeling well!!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank