Gallbladder Community
Chronic green stool
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic green stool

For the last two years, I have been in and out of doctor's offices for issues concerning my gastrointestinal health. I was later referred to a gastroentologist where she perfomed an endoscopy of my esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. The endoscopy was normal. A biopsy was taken, and I do NOT have celiacs disease.

My symptoms started out as a constant gnawing hunger sensation between my ribs, later my symtoms (symptoms) progressed to stomach and lower abdominal cramping resulting in loose very green stools. Note that I do NOT take vitamin supplements, eat leafy green vegetables, OR drink colored drinks that all could discolor my bowel movements.

I have been diagnosed with "IBS" which I am refusisng to accept as a diagnosis considering none of the medicine I have been prescribed helps or relieves my problems.

A year ago I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder, there were no stones. However, with these CHRONIC loose green stools, I'm beginning to question the function of my gallbladder along with the functioning of my liver. Also, I wonder if these constant stomach cramps, hunger senstion and green bowel movements could be due to an infection of the digestive tract or a parasite. I am awaiting results from a stool culture.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Has anyone ever had gallbladder dysfunction/disease WITHOUT having gallstones?
Tags: chronic green stool