Disida Scan or Hydro Scan
I was told not to take my narcotic pain medication 6 hours before test but i am in a lot of pain.  What happens when you take your medicine before the test.  I'm thinking it causes a false positive or false negative saying either your gallbladder is functioning fine or not.  What do you think or know, please tell me my test is tomorrow morning and I cant go that long without taking my medication or i will be in so much pain.  thanks
The narcotics can cause a false positive for sure... I know sometimes they will give morphone during the test to get the gallbladder to react.  Thats probably why they told you not to so they can get an accurate reading during the HIDA scan.
Yes it can mess up your resluts and you dont want that. I understand your in pain but as soon as its over you can take your meds
What happens if you are allergic to morphine?