Gallbladder Community
Dropped surgical clip

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Dropped surgical clip

I had my gall bladder removed in 01/2011.  Had relief from abdominal pain for a couple of weeks, then pain came back.  In 01/2012 I went to ER with nausea, vomiting and severe abdominal pain.  Blood tests and all were normal.  They just said a surgical clip had moved several inches since last CT (month early).  Now, apparently clip is in pelvic area.  My pain always seems to be worse close to where clip is, yet when my doctor referred me to a general surgeon (not same one as did surgery- I moved) he said not to worry about it.  An anesthesiologist friend said they are inert and confirmed what surgeon said.  however, I have to wonder as pain never goes away.  I have endometriosis and IC, so pelvic pain is always going to be blamed on that.  However, no one has come up with reason for abdominal pain.  This clip seems to be moving all over - I've had x rays for different things, and always seems to be indifferent place.  Could this be causing problems?  I've been told no, but I've been told a lot of things in the last 1 1/2 years that aren't true, so I don't know know what to think.  I just know I can't live in this severe of pain- I spent all last week curled up in fetal position the pain was so bad.  Something needs to be done soon, but no one will even listen to me.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend posting this question in the gallbladder community.
So is your pain travelling, and is located wherever your clip is at the time???

If so, I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to go and retrieve it surgically.....

Do you get upper right quadrant pain like where you had your gallbladder? I'd be worried that the clip has come off your cystic duct stump (where they clip it off with the titanium clip) as it could be leaking.......

No, you shouldn't be living in this pain......
I always have pelvic/abdominal pain.  Sometimes worse in different areas - don't know exactly where clip is, just know it has moved around.

I've been dealing with constipation, pain when eating, pain in general for months.  Nothing seems to help.