ERCP with Sphincterotomy....what to expect
Hi All!

I have posted here before and explained my symptoms....everything has been ruled out pretty much now except for biliary issues such as Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction.

I get the classic epigastric URQ pain that radiates into my back, nausea, dark urine etc etc etc.....also my liver enzymes have been recorded as abnormal several times, but not ALL the time.
All my other tests/scans show "normal".

As such, I have been referred to go interstate to see a specialist in a couple of weeks.

He is going to conduct an ERCP with sphincterotomy while I am there....

I understand and am prepared to accept the chance of pancreatitis from this procedure........as I do not want to "just live with it" as several doctors have told me....they wouldn't say this if they had to live with it let me tell you! LOL

My question is, to all out there who have had an ERCP before with sphincterotomy.....what are your experiences? If I DONT get pancreatitis, how long is the recovery time etc etc, how long till I will know it has worked etc etc etc

feel free to tell the good, the bad, and even the ugly......

Thankyou
Sarsi