Gallbladder Community
GB polyps

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

GB polyps

I have multiple GB polyps about 4 to 5 mm in size.  I have no problem of indigestion or any other discomfort.  In fact this was found in ultra sound which I had it done for frequent urination at night to check the size of prostrate.  It was found that I have multiple gall bladder polyps about 2 years ago.  I also have mildly enlarged prosrate.  I have been having ultra sonography every 6 months and surprisingly my last report shows that my GB POLYPS is about 2 to 3 mm in size instead of 4mm.  Can the polyps shrink?  Shall I have the GB removed ?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The polyps can reduce in size, this could be because the inflammation in the gall blabber could have subsided. This could cause a reduction in their size. Any structural abnormalities of the gall bladder like stones or polyps need surgical correction. But this is again correlated with the severity of your symptoms. Since you do not seem to present with related symptoms, you may not need surgery now.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.