Gallbladder Community
GERD - Severe Shoulder Burning/Down to the legs after gallbladder surge...

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

GERD - Severe Shoulder Burning/Down to the legs after gallbladder surgery Bile Duct Block?

I had my gallbladder out Sept 17...

Since then any light food I been eating causes burning ... from the shoulders and does not go away for days...and in the stomach area....sometimes theres tightness in the right upper abodomin...

I have to eat every 2 hours or burning gets SEVERE...sometimes in the thoat, I cannot even sleep laying down I been on protonix, antaacids, tums, mylanta, gas-x and no affect.....

Can this possably be a bile duct block after gallbladder surgery? I never had problems with my stomach or esphoogus before the gallbladder failed...the report said the gallbladder did not look like a gallbladder and was very small...they thought it was a chunk of fat and it was close to the liver...

I been sleeping in a chair since August when I had a gallbladder attack, I need some help or advice? Its been burning bad since then, and I been on two diets no fat diet a hard one, and low fat, and drink threw a straw...I do not drink carbinated drinks...only fruit juices...no fatty foods...so my diet is great, but a ton of problems I need guidance...

My doctor wants to test for a bile duct block...can this cause massive amounts of acid to just sit in the stomach? The pain is so bad I cannot drive..please advise
This can be other than just acid problems and it's good to hear your doc wants to check out what's going on with your system. Hopefully, the doc has suggested the possibility of an MCRP to start things off and to try to get to the bottom of the problem. Retained sludge or stones in the common bile duct or spasms of that structure can unfortunately cause a lot of problems. Put to get your biliary system looked at as soon as possible.
P.S. Although it might sound strange, you might want to ask your doc if you could try some anti-spasm meds to see if they help. They can be beneficial in some cases.
Thanks for the information, I will be consulting my doctor tomorrow...the pains have been so bad I cannot drive...eating every 2 hours is limited and if I sleep in i'm so hunched over from burning and pain that my life is controled by this...

I read into a med called Questran is their any possibility this could help? I know its for the intestinal track, but can it help in reducing acid as well? Or maybe a bile duct block?

Questran is a bile-binding resin. To my knowledge it does not bind acid, unfortunately. You might ask your doc about carafate - a product to 'coat the stomach' which might be of help if the problem is too much acid. But neither questran or carafate will help if a bile duct is blocked.
Carafate works very little with my severe acid or bile condition....I been taking it since Sept.

Questran can help with bile reflux disease I believe, I read it from a few medical web sites...all stuff I need to talk to my doctor about

I believe my condition is too much bile and its going into the stomach and into the esphogus through the bottom of the stomach
If it is bile, a 2-channel impedence monitor test, which measures the pH of the substance refluxing into the esophagus (acid or bile) would tell you what is actually happening.
I too had many digestive problems after gallbladder removal. Horrible acid reflux, pain from my jaw, into my shoulder, my stomach etc. The doctors couldn't help me. I went to a local health food/naturapathic doctor. They told me the gallbladder produces enzymes that help break down food. I went on Digestiv Enzymes and all my acid/pain problems went away. Might be something to think about.