Gall bladder issues while pregnant... help!!!
I am a 31 yr old healthy female with an active lifestyle and fairly healthy diet. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have apparently had gall stones for quite some time, but i have never had any problems until i was in my forth month of pregnancy. In 2009, i had an appendectomy and they noticed the stones during one if the scans, but said if i was but having any trouble, they would leave it alone. Now 4 yrs later,  I an really having a time with it. My ob and my general surgeon are both amazing, but have left the choice of what we do completely up to me and I'm not sure what to do. My options are 1-wait and see  if pain subsides after pregnancy. Opt 2- have the baby naturally and then come back in 6-10 weeks and have gall bladder removed. Or opt 3- schedule a C-Section and get the baby out, then take out the gall bladder kind of in the same surgery. This is my first child and i really do not want a c section, but this pain from gall bladder is getting unbearable. Hubby and drs say its my choice, but I need some opinions...
Whenever feasible, it is best to have the baby naturally and pursue cholecystectomy after a few weeks. If there is a complication of the gallbladder disease, intractable symptoms, etc, then proceeding with a c-sction and cholecystectomy would be best.
Thanks for your comment. Actually since I posted this my problems with the gall bladder have worsened. I am set up tomorrow for a c section and then a cholecytectomy immediately afterwards. Its not the ideal situation and definitely not how I wanted to do this, but I do think its best. Thanks again for your professional medical opinion.