Gallbladder Community
Gall bladder issues?

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Gall bladder issues?

Having issues with gallbladder has run through my family and I'm afraid I'm next. I'm only 18 and experiencing intense pain in my upper abdominal in between my rib cage. The flu has gone trough my house this week and I'm nauseous as all get out! In the morning, afternoon, night. Every time! I think we can rule out pregnancy because I have never had unprotected sex, I only have three times, and he has never come inside of me. I've read online that you can feel extremely nauseous in the morning due to gallbladder problems because of not enough bile being produced at night. Someone please shed some light on this. I'm in so much pain.
Ejection ratio of gallbladder is affected very much with your fat soluble vitamins levels in your blood, let your doctor do complete vitamin check and correct for any deficiencies and your stones should be able to dissolve over time if you keep away from food containing saturated fat and cholestrol for a while, the most possible vitamin to be deficient is vitamin d for people in the northern side of earth since the sun doesn't give effective dose of vitamin d for more than 6 months for people living above the southern boarders of NY state.

If so, you can start taking 10,000IU per day from Vitamin D for a week and see if your gallbladder ejection improves, but anyways you need to have complete check of Vitamins through your doctor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If you are in doubt, have a pregnancy test done. If your periods are regular and if your pregnancy tests are negative, it's unlikely that you are pregnant.

Right upper quadrant pain and nausea could indicate disorders in the liver or gall bladder. It could be due to infections like hepatitis. If you have jaundice then it could point towards an obstructive disorder like gallstones. The other causes for pain could be GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach came up into the esophagus and peptic ulcer disease. Please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment and therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.