Gallbladder Community
Gall bladder removal associated with memory loss
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gall bladder removal associated with memory loss

Suffering from memory loss, I read articles about memory loss associated with cholesterol and saturated fat.
Since gallbladder suppose to assist the body in processing these material, I wonder if removal of the gallbladder may cause after a period of time memory loss.
I had my surgery about 13 years ago. about 7 years ago I started to have memory loss problems.
Any other people had the same problem?
Tags: gsllbladder, Memory loss
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Memory loss soon after surgery can be attributed to anesthesia. Sometimes a stroke which can occur during surgery can cause memory loss. But memory loss after so many years after surgery may not be related to gallbladder removal. And no studies have been done to associate gallbladder removal with memory loss.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Hello and thank you for addressing my question.
Based on your answer, the  gallblader (gallbladder) removal is not a contributor to memory loss.
I wonder if there is a study of people who loss the gallblader (gallbladder) within 20 years and their memory status.
I just want to strengthen my confidence in the gallblader (gallbladder) removal by a study that show no effect to memory loss.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank