Gallbladder distention
I just recently had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder that showed I had a lot of gas in my upper abdomen and it showed i had no stones but that i did look distended.  Is this normal?  I have been experiencing pain and nausea everyday before and after I eat.  This has been going on for a couple weeks now.  The original pain was so bad it sent me to the emergency room.  I had a CT scan done which came back normal, but didn't say anything about my gallbladder.  No sure what this means and would appreciate any advice thank you.
Although this could represent gallbladder disease the acute presentation would be more consistent with an infectious gastroenteritis with some associated dysfunction. If the symptoms persist or recur a HIDA with CCK could be obtained to test the function of your gallbladder. This test is less reliable in the acute setting though.