Gallbladder Community
Gallbladder drain

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Gallbladder drain

How long does it take to place a drain in the gallbladder?
I would imagine it would vary with how well the procedure went, much like a gall bladder removal as there seems to be no clear answer. I believe they are either guided by ultrasound or X-ray.

From what I can gather online - "The procedure is usually done either with a local anesthetic and sedative or with a general anesthetic. A local anesthetic numbs part of your body while you remain awake. The sedative helps you relax and be comfortable. If you have a general anesthetic, it will relax your muscles, put you in a deep sleep, and prevent you from feeling pain.

Your healthcare provider puts a tube through your skin into the gallbladder and connects the tube to a drainage bag. You may need to have stones removed from the gallbladder when the tube is placed."