Gallbladder Community
Gallbladder issues.

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Gallbladder issues.

For number of years I've been having pain under my rib. It first started with getting ill after eatting at restraunts. Now it's gotten worse. Now even food in my own home is making me ill. Nearly after every meal I feel like I'm going to die. I have pain cripling pain on the right side under the rib cage. There are time that it get so bad that it goes into my back. I get the shakes, sweating, feel nauseous, and have to keep running to the bathroom for diarrhea. I had an ultrasound it shows that the gallbladder is distended. Lab work is clean. But, all the test has been performed when I didn't have any symptoms. There are no gall stones or swelling. For some reason my GI doc doesn't feel it's my gall bladder and wants to do a colonoscopy. What does one do?? Is that test needed? If for some reason it's not the gall bladder what else could it be?