Gallbladder or something else?
I have a question, please. A few months ago I started getting what I thought were bad gas attacks, especially in the evening but sometimes overnight. I would have severe pain for awhile and then it would go away...and I was only thinking, wonder what's up with that.
Recently, the attacks have gotten more frequent until the "big one" Saturday night. After several cocktails & a high fat dinner at the Olive Garden, about 3 hours later I got the gas, bloating, belching...and then it got worse. I vomited, then about three hours later got sick multiple times. Since then I have also had a pain in my upper right abdomen...it has improved but if I touch one certain point just below my rib cage on the right (closer to center than side) I go through the roof. My hubby thinks its gallbladder but I'm paranoid because I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer and I have a previous history of moderate drinking (now usually only with dinners out). I'm a 49 yo female, all blood work came back ok about a month ago and I'm otherwise in good health. Any advice would be appreciated!
I agree with your husband - it sounds like your gallbladder is a good bet. Time to see the doc for a definitive diagnosis. That would be a typical gallbladder presentation but an unusual one for pancreatic cancer.