Gallbladder Expert Forum
Gallbladder or something else?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gallbladder or something else?

Hi,
I have a question, please. A few months ago I started getting what I thought were bad gas attacks, especially in the evening but sometimes overnight. I would have severe pain for awhile and then it would go away...and I was only thinking, wonder what's up with that.
Recently, the attacks have gotten more frequent until the "big one" Saturday night. After several cocktails & a high fat dinner at the Olive Garden, about 3 hours later I got the gas, bloating, belching...and then it got worse. I vomited, then about three hours later got sick multiple times. Since then I have also had a pain in my upper right abdomen...it has improved but if I touch one certain point just below my rib cage on the right (closer to center than side) I go through the roof. My hubby thinks its gallbladder but I'm paranoid because I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer and I have a previous history of moderate drinking (now usually only with dinners out). I'm a 49 yo female, all blood work came back ok about a month ago and I'm otherwise in good health. Any advice would be appreciated!
2827584_tn?1340583296
I agree with your husband - it sounds like your gallbladder is a good bet. Time to see the doc for a definitive diagnosis. That would be a typical gallbladder presentation but an unusual one for pancreatic cancer.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank