Gallbladder Community
Gallbladder symptoms

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Gallbladder symptoms

I'm only 19 years old however I was diagnosed with acid reflux/GERD when I was 9 years old. It was really bad when I was younger but has I got older and more active it stop bothering me as much as I did. I still had painful outbreaks after certain things I ate but it wasn't continuous. Recently, I began feeling sick like my acid reflux/GERD was acting up so I started to take my medicine and really didn't get any relief. I soon lost an appetite for food and after the pain become consistant and I didn't have an appetite for a few days I went to the doctor. The blood test came back normal and the put me on three different types of medications. Sadly, none of them gave me any relief and I found myself at the hospital the next day. The physican I saw was new, they didn't try to do any test at all. They just gave me another prescription and sent me home. I was referred to a GI specialist and I went to see them as well. After I told them all of my symptoms they scheduled me to have a EKG (tiny scope being put down your throat to take pictures). After those results came back they said I had a polyp in my stomach and it had been removed. I felt better for a day or two but as soon as I thought I made a turn for the best it went downhill. My appetite still hadn't come back and the pains began to get worst. Over the 2-3 week period that I have been sick I've last 10-20lbs. I wake up every morning (anywhere from 4:30-6am) with abdominal pains. I've been constipated and barely able to go to the restroom. I find myself throwing up yellowish/green bile every morning and after I throw up it gets a little better. The thing is I only find myself being terribly sick in the mornings (not pregnant) and can't get comfortable sleepy at night time. I have been having serve abdominal pains in the upper right portion of my body (almost right under my ribs) and in the same exact spot in my back. I've did some research and I found it could be my gallbladder that's giving me trouble or other things. However, both of my grandmothers and aunt went through the same exact symptoms and had their gallbladder removed and the got better. Gallbladder disease is a gentic factor so could this be the cause of my pain? I have been trying to avoid going to the doctor because I don't want to miss too many days of school and have to withdraw with the semester almost over. I have a doctors appointment Monday but the pain and symptoms have been consistant EVERYDAY for the last week or two. Should I go to the hospital now or just wait it out until Monday?
Oh good luck with that appt and do keep it if you can.  Please come back and let us know how you are.  Your story sounds like my daughter when she was 17 and it's been a few yeas and without her gallbladder she's doing fine and her reflux is next to none. I have gallstones and have been in remission for a few years, but I know that pain all too well, too.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be a gall bladder problem with you symptoms of right quadrant pain, vomiting and loss of appetite. Ultrasounds and CT scans will help detect any abnormalities in the structure of the gall bladder. To study the functioning tests like HIDA scan need to be done. Gall bladder dysfunction can cause intolerance to fatty food. The other causes could be due to gastroenteritis, malabsorption syndromes, diverticulitis, Chron's disease, ulcerative colitis and parasitic infections. In addition you seem to be having constipation. If the other pathologies can be ruled out then there is an entity called Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS). Once a diagnosis has been confirmed then an appropriate diet schedule can be planned. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.