Gallbladder Expert Forum
Gallbladder wall thickening pain?

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Gallbladder wall thickening pain?

I have been having a sharp pain in the upper middle part of my stomach, fatigue and diarrea (diarrhea). I also feel extremely full when ive only eaten a small amount of food.  I had an abdominal ultrasound done and kaiser said I have a thickening of the gallbladder wall in multiple areas, kidney cysts and a hepatic hemangioma.  I have lost approx 34 lbs in 4 months(from 147 to 113 lbs) and am not sure the cause kaiser said all of the issues I am having are  not cause for concern, and that if I would like to I can try having my gallbladder removed.  I just would like to know why I am having these effects if nothing they found was reason for concern, and would having my gallbladder removed help the dr said "maybe" it would.  I would like another opinion on whether or not these things are whats causing my issues or if I need to see a DR outside my insurance provider to find out what is wrong.
Losing 20% of your body weight is always cause for concern. If an ultrasound is the only test that has been done I would be even more concerned. A thorough GI evaluation would be in order. It might be due to your gallbladder but there are multiple other possibilities that need to be ruled out before most surgeons would feel comfortable proceeding to the OR.