Gallbladder Expert Forum
Gallblader removed. Liver disease?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gallblader removed. Liver disease?

I am 20 years old and I had my gallbladder removed when I was around 15 years old.  I keep getting letters in the mail saying to get my flu shot because of liver disease. I am now 21 weeks pregnant, should I be concerned about the letters? And should I be talking to a dr about them? Or are they normal to get when you had something removed from your body?
2827584_tn?1340583296
First, pretty much everyone should have a flu shot these days. Secondly, I don't know what they are referring to regarding liver disease. Where are these letters from?
3 Comments
Blank
Well I was a child when I had it removed, and I had it done at Connecticut children's medical center so they are from there.
Blank
2827584_tn?1340583296
I don't understand the implication that you have liver disease. Recent data argues that pregnancy is not a contraindication for flu vaccination. Interestingly, your antibodies will protect the baby fora while also.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity