Gallbladder Community
Gallstones after removal of gallbladder
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gallstones after removal of gallbladder

I am 29 years old. I had my gallbladder removed back in 2007 for one gallstone. Here recently within the last several months,  I have had pain in my upper stomach right under neath my breast bone. The pain starts off minor but then increases and spreads to my upper back. I go several days with nausea and have little to no appetite. It resembles the pain I had when I had my gallstone attacks. Could it be possible to have a stone or multiple stones?
It is possible for gallstones to form within your bile ducts, outside of the gallbladder (yours is gone of course). Sometimes sludgy bile can accumulate in a section of duct that has some injury or inflammation (maybe near where your surgery occurred), leading to solidification. Another ultrasound imaging procedure should be done to take a peek. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...