Gastritis after gallbladder removal
Hi Im getting very bad pain from gastritis and Ive had it ever since I had my gallbladder out,now over two years ago.  Im fed up of the pain which is almost constant.  Will it ever go? No real cause has been found for the gastritis even though Ive had biopsies done by endoscopy. Has anyone else been through this? Now the doctors are on about a scan. What sort of scan though? Im wondering if it will help. The gastritis isn,t eased much from meds. It did calm down for about a week then it came back ever more painful.  Thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

To reduce acid levels try good life style measures. Take frequent small meals. Avoid spicy and oily food. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol, avoid caffeinated beverages and reduce stress levels. OTC antacids can further aid in reducing acid levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.