Gallbladder Expert Forum
HIDA Scan Couldn't do CCK

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

HIDA Scan Couldn't do CCK

I went for a HIDA scan today. It was scheduled to include the CCK portion. I was on the table for an hour and a half or 2 hours and the technician told me that he could see my liver and small intestines, but not my gallbladder. He tole me he would not be doing the CCK since my gallbladder did not show up. He asked me to eat a fattening meal and to come back in 2 1/2 hours. I went back. At that time, he didn't tell me whether he saw my gallbladder or not. He called the radiologist into the room. They looked at a picture on the screen, asked me my symptoms -which apparently don't really point to gallbladder issues - then they told me that I could go home and I would get my results in two days. I know I am going to talk to my doctor about the results in a few days. I am just wondering about it. Is this a normal sort of thing to happen during a HIDA scan and why wouldn't they be able to do the CCK?
Thanks.
Failure of the gallbladder to visualize is consistent with cholecystitis. If this is the case you don't need the CCK.
Thank you.