Gallbladder Community
Hida Scan
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hida Scan

While having a Hida Scan yesterday my small intestine did not show up and they had me to go eat then come back in 30 minutes.  I did - was on machine for approximately 5 minutes longer and that was it.  They did not run the "stuff" thru the IV.  I'm waiting to hear from my doctor - did not hear today.  Do you know what could be going on?  I feel fine.

Thanks!  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1666434_tn?1325265950
Hi, I happened upon your post. Although I don't have an answer just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!   Please stop back to update us with what your doctor says.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

In HIDA scans the gall bladder gets filled in 5-10 mins and sometimes longer. The emptying usually happens within 2 hrs. That's what happens if the test is normal--if something is blocked then the progression stops flowing along--usually either the gall bladder never fills or it never empties in an abnormal scan. CCK HIDA or HIDA with ejection fraction (EF) is seen to check for gall bladder ejection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gallbladder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank