Gallbladder Expert Forum
HidaScan22%
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HidaScan22%

I have been having GI problems for about a yr, lots of gas, nausea, indigestion, epigastric ache at times, just left of center. Starts within an hr or so of eating. No right sided pain or discomfort. Ultrasound negative for stones, normal upper and lower endoscopy, meds for IBS do not work. Currently taking Lansoprazole for reflux, but does not help much. No diarrhea, maybe some constipation. Got worse over past yr. Fatty meals do seem to make things a bit worse. GP orders Hida scan and ejection fraction was 22%. Hida scan did reproduce many of the symptoms, but they occured about 15 min after the scan was completed. So I have decided to go for the laparoscopy to have gallbladder removed. So perhaps I am second guessing myself but does this sound like a good decision? Concerned on how accurate these hida scans are at diagnosing, esp since I do not have right side issues and no stones visible on ultrasound.
2827584_tn?1340583296
I think you have made a good decision. I would have recommended the procedure if your EF was 22% and symptoms were reproduced. The odds of relieving your problems is >90%. Hope it goes well for you.
2 Comments
Blank
Thanks....and thank you very much for taking the time our of your no doubt-busy-day....to answer myself and all these other persons!  It is much appreciated
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity