Gallbladder Community
High ejection rate in a CHILD

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

High ejection rate in a CHILD

My son's been sick for months and has severe pain RUQ.  He's had every test imaginable and they all look normal.  The only thing we've seen is his ejection rate is 91%.  Of course the doctors say this is great and perfectly normal.  My thoughts are he is in extreme pain, can't eat or drink, and has had a lot of weight loss.  We are at a stand still now.  Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
Check his Vitamin D level, if you live in above South Carolina state, the sun rays reaching the earth surface doesn't make enough vitamin d from Nov to March, supplementation of at least 2000IU per day is required.

Let the doctor check his Vitamin D levels and correct for any, then keep him on supplement during winter months, and in summer, try to expose him to sun more frequently.
My daughter's was 4% when she had her test done as a teen .. .she had her GB removed and all is fine.  We were lucky to get an answer with a # that clinched her diagnosis.  I know how hard it is to have a child in pain w/o a diagnosis.

C~
I wish we would have been low.  I hear about all the cases where people with the high ejection have their gallbladders removed, but I have went through several doctors now and no one will even listen.  
Glad to hear your daughter is doing well!  Hopefully we get there soon
They already checked his vitamin D and it was normal.  Thanks for the thought though.  I'm curious how this would help?  
Have they done a CT Scan to rule out any type of kidney stone problem .. Some stones don't show up on xray, ultrasound but all stones can be detected (big and small) via CT Scan.  Just another thought.

C~
He had a cat scan a few years ago for a different injury, so they don't want to do another because of the radiation.  He's had two different MRIs though.  Wondering if kidney stones would have shown up on those pictures?  I will look into that, thanks.
Do keep us posted...
Hope you figure this out.

CT Scan w/o contrast is the gold standard kidney stone detection
C~