Gallbladder Community
Horrible rib and back pain...wakes me up in the middle of the night!

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Hello. ..I'm 19 years old, had my first child in April of this year, and 2 months later I had a horrible pain underneath my rib cage that wrapped around to my back. It feels like a balloon is being blown up inside my chest. It makes me cry, and I get panicked. I can't breathe normally or move in any position to make it better when this happens. It lasts up to 2 hours of extreme pain and then leaves me sore for a couple days. I have never had a health problem..very healthy. The only thing that I can think of that is weird about me is that I burp even if i drink water or chew gum....?  I have been exercising to lose my baby belly. It kind of also hurts for me to wear a bra, feels tight around my rib cage. Any ways, I've had 10 or so attacks. First attack was in the middle of the day, the rest at night = 1-5 am in the morning. Please someone tell me what's going on....I'm terrified!   I'm eating salads, fruits and veggies until I know what's wrong with me. The last attack I had I think was because i had 2 bean and cheese burritos before bed. The attack before that one I had a heavy meal that had velveta cheese, hamburger, whipping cream...    Does this have anything to do with my gallbladder?  Do I have gallstones? Do I just have to eat like a vegetarian? fat free things?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A complete medical evaluation may be necessary for accurate diagnosis and management of your symptoms. The few possibilities of your symptoms are gastritis, reflux disease, peptic ulcer or gallstones. To reduce acid levels try good lifestyle measures. Take frequent small meals. Avoid spicy and oily food. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Gall bladder stones can cause fatty food intolerance and abdominal bloating. Gallstones cause gall bladder inflammation and pain. See a doctor and get a clinical examination done.
Hope this helped and do keep us posted. Best regards!