Hyperactive Gall Bladder
My Surgeon says I have a gall bladder that empties too quickly.....overactive or hyperactive.  What does this mean and will it mean that I have to have my gall bladder out?   I have horrific pain and nausea as a result.
Jeanne, if you're HIDA ejection fraction was above 50% it could be that you're having spasms. But please get a second opinion before you have your GB removed. As of this point in time, I have seen very few reports of hyperactivity and GB removal.

Spasms can apparently underlie some people's GB-like symptoms and changes in ejection fraction. And from what's being generally reported, if someone doesn't have the presence of stones or sludge, removing the GB may not change things for the better.

I don't mean to be negative, but please check this out thoroughly before saying yes to surgery.

Also, ask about using some anti-spasm specific drugs to see if you can tamp down the discomfort and the possible spasms.
I have had galbladder pain since i was pregnant 10 months ago. At first i thought it was labor pain but when the doctor checked it was my glabladder irritated. She said that happens in pregnancy and to avoid spicy or greasy food. Now, 10 months later i still suffer from bouts of cramps on my upper right side which occur after eating. It hits suddenly and usually with nausea. I had a Hida scan done and even though they injected the medicine over a 15 minute period the pain was intense. The same pain and nausea that i get after eating. It turns out my galbladder is hyper active. I go meet with the surgeon today and i wonder what he will recommend. I think i'd rather it just be removed so i can forget the worry of pain after i eat.
let us know what happens