Gallbladder Community
IBS?

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

IBS?

I am 27 and have had my gall bladder taken out when I was 24. I am also diabetic and have polycystic ovarian syndrome and suffer from IBS. Today I noticed there was bright red blood on my toilet paper after having a bowel movement. I have been eating alot of popcorn lately and raw vegetables recently. I am just needing advice. Can eating those food cause lower intestinal bleeds? I do not have health insurance and am very broke so I do not want to go to the doctor unless it's really necessary. Please help?
Tags: IBS, food, help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Haemorrhoids (piles) is the commonest cause for painless bleeding into the stool. Another cause is fissure in ano, where there is pain while passing motion with bleeding. Other causes are inflammatory bowel disorders like ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease can produce similar symptoms. Here the walls of the intestines are swollen. Diverticulitis, infections and tumors of the colon can produce bleeding into the stools. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may run blood, urine and stool tests and may sometimes ask for an ultra sonogram to detect the cause for the pain. Proctoscopy and colonoscopy may further help to diagnose the cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Can't help with blood in stool...... But I've had PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome and gallbladder issues.  Now that your gallbladder is gone your liver is stuck with the bile backlog/burden.  The clogged liver can interfere with your hormones causing PCOS.  I drank Chinese Bitters to flush out the liver.  It reversed my PCOS and corrected my hormone imbalance by freshening up the liver so that it can work better.  I also recommend an herb called Chanca Piedra (get at health food stores) empty 2 capsules daily into water and drink as a tea.  This dissolves the gallstones which are still forming whether you have gallbladder or not.  Hope this helps