Gallbladder Community
Itching after gall bladder surgery

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Itching after gall bladder surgery

I had surgery 3 weeks ago and had my gall bladder removed and near the belly button and the incision above that are rashed and have been since I went home from the surgery, and it itches sooo bad that I have a hard time sleeping at night...what is going on??? It drives me crazy and benedrill cream is not helping much. Is there a problem?
Call your surgeon.  He/she wants to hear from you early on if you have any concerns.  Itching could be a reaction to stitches or adhesive dressing, but possibly a sign of infection.  Call the surgeon, not your primary care doc.