JustHadGallbladderOut
This is for everyone worrying about gallbladder surgery. I had a gallbladder with ejection frac of 20%, no stones, nausea & indigestion after eating. I had a lap choly on fri and its now Sunday. I am doing fantastic! For those fretting about this ...DON'T WORRY!. I am 57, overwt, and was up peeing 2 hrs after the surgery. I had no pain.....just soreness. I did spend the nite in hospital (my surgeon does it that way). I did have iv pain meds...but did not need them by 6close hrs post (and i also had umbilical hernia repaired at same time).  I did have a drain in for 12 hrs Surgeon said it would help eliminate any bloating and gas .....and it did. By saturday i was just sore but was getting around ok. At no time did i have a pain level above 3. I slept i have a recliner last nite since it was more comfortable. Still sore and can't bend over to pick things up....but no neex for anything more than a couple of otc tylenol. My advice to you: sbop around for a good surgeon. One that does a lot of trouble these and can get in and out quickly without having to google around in there too much. Take an overnite stay - they can use a drain then - and that gets rid of the gas and bloating.
Last.....jst do it......you'll be fine.
And this is ths first morning in yrs I've woke up without nausea and indigestion. WHOOOO -EEEEE.
Nice to hear success stories.