Gallbladder Community
Liver levels in 900's, drs left me in the dark...

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

On Monday 11/19/12 I had a lapcholy ( gall bladder removal). I was terrible 1st night, but seemed ok until thanksgiving. Friday I could not eat, had no strength... Then sat I was vomiting. I called my surgeon and he sent me to ER. turns out my levels were in the 900's. they Admitted me. I was on IV only for 4 days. Finally I got to eat on Wednesday. They sent me home wed afternoon,and I'm still feeling terrible. They said hepatitis, but not which one. One dr said it could just be toxic hepatitis. I'm just feeling so terrible still. Very low energy. What bothers me is they said my levels were low enough to send me home, but not normal. I made an appt with my GI, but he couldn't see me until Thursday 12/6. What are some foods/supplements or anything really that can help?
  I am wondering if perhaps you became infected with acute Hepatitis, during your surgical procedure.  Very high liver enzymes are seen during the acute phase of infection (the first 6 months after exposure)
  Have your GI Doc test you for Hepatitis B and C.
If it is just toxic Hepatitis, that can occur from too much Ibuprofen, and other meds.
  Just keep up with a healthy, sensible diet, and avoid junk food, and overly processed food, and drink plenty of water. I would avoid vitamins and supplements, while your liver enzymes are that high, before you talk to your Doctor, to be on the safe side. Also, avoid any other toxins, such as breathing harsh chemicals, such as antifreeze, and gasoline. Anything we breathin, has to be processed by the liver.
  And most of all, avoid alcohol, it's the worst thing for the liver~ if it does end up being acute Hep C, then itis much easier to cure, if treated within the first 6 months afer exposure, so it is a good idea to figure this out~ good luck