Gallbladder Community
May my indigestion be related to the galbladder?

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

I have a chronic indigestion in which i can't digest foods normally and they are remaining in my stomach too long , no pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating, reflux,(common symptoms of gp)  just feeling full and lack of appetite many times ,so I have had remarkable weight loss within 5 months ,and I mostly  live on liquids and soups.There was no problems in my endoscopies, CT Scan spirals,and lab tests.
May my digestion disorder be related to the galbladder, given the fact that no docs here in Iran could not have detected my illness , and I need to say that i have used Domperidon, Reglan, Erithromycin, Clidinium c,Omeprozol. But I didn't get much results. No kind of gastroparesis tests is available here.

Indigestion and reflux can be a symptom of gallbladder, but also of so many other GI issues.... there is something called a HIDA scan that tests tge gallbladder function but not sure if that is available to you there either?
Majid:

I was just going through old posts out of curiosity when I ran across yours.  I wanted to let you know that I could have been the one writing your post a few years ago.  I had the exact same issues.  Terrible bloating, couldn't eat, lost a ton of weight and super bad reflux that nothing....and I mean nothing would touch.

My doctor never tested my gallbladder and told me I had gastroparesis which scared the you know what out of me.  I was devastated thinking I had this for five months.  I never ever had any pain indicating gallbladder disease.  Also, I am tall, thin and not a poster child for GB disease.

So, my gallbladder test showed gallstones and then I had a hyda test which showed bad functioning of gallbladder.  At this point, I was convinced that I had gastroparesis and refused to take my GB out because I got on a gastroparesis forum and people were saying that their gastroparesis got worse after having their GB removed.  Anyway, fast forward another six months, I finally had it removed.  

The first couple of months were no fun and my symptoms didn't go away but around month three, I finally started feeling better and all my symptoms have gone away INCLUDING the reflux which I will be forever thankful for.  I have not had any "bathroom" issues which I hear a lot about with GB removal.

I did have a test done for gastroparesis by the way and it was normal.

Also, stay off the Reglan...that stuff can cause tardive dyskinesia which is a movement disorder....not good.
Hello Cdngal and carrie235

I'm sorry it was my bad accent , I should say that I have no acid reflux, no sour stomach, no  heartburn, not terrible bloating,sometimes  my bloating gets severe, though.especially when my stomach gets worse.
A few weeks ago after resuming my treatment with Omeprazole, the drug I haven't been on for over five months, It was a miracle and I was revived again ,now it is a couple of days since I have the illness once again after having a substantial meal.My illness resumed just when I was beginning to feel hungry after months of being full  .I'm getting completely messed up now. I continue to swallow omeprazole but this time I see no treatment in my stomach

Cdngal

To my knowledge, hida test is available in Iran .And I should have this test
unless other treatments help.

carrie235

I have no terrible bloating like you ,but  I share some symptoms with you.I can't eat well and had lost tons of weight. I am tall and thin ,too.

Thanks.