Gallbladder Community
My gallbladder symptoms are different-

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

My gallbladder symptoms are different-

I am 33 yr old female. I have been to the ER three times with gallbladder attacks. My first attack they did not diagnose. My second, I was told they wanted to do emergency surgery the next day.my pain was under my breast and went to my back. It did not last very long. Maybe 30 minutes. But it was intense and scared me. I was told my that my gallbladder was infected. I was terrified to have the surgery done. The surgeon gave me an antibiotic ,checked later that day to see if my white blood count improved then had me eat two meals to see how I did. I did fine. He let me go home. Told me to schedule as an outpatient with him.
I have had mucus come out and I get the feeling like I'm going to pass gas or have to go to the bathroom but only have mucus come out. Or I will have chills , feel sick and have small amounts of diarrhea. Sigh!
My concern is that with every person I have spoke to and every forum I have read, not one person seems to share my experience or symptoms. I am not in pain. When I was having an attack I did not hurt in any of the areas the pressed. I am regularly constipated and have expressed this for years! I have suffered from heartburn in the past but not so much anymore. I am a bit nauseated at times.
Currently on a very very low fat diet. I am constantly researching about gallbladder a and driving myself crazy! So much so that I met with my primary doctor to discuss my fears. She just listened. Advised me to eat Total. ( the total is helping me go to the bathroom) I feel ok but did get the nerve to schedule an appt with my surgeon for this Friday.
Is it common to have my symptoms and the amount of anxiety that I have?
I also have an umbilical hernia and fear open surgery. The surgeon did not seem this was a problem but my primary dr did.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Ultrasounds and CT scans will help detect any abnormalities in the structure of the gallbladder. To study the functioning tests like HIDA scan need to be done. Gall bladder dysfunction can cause intolerance to fatty food. The other causes could be due to gastroenteritis, malabsorption syndromes, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and parasitic infections. In addition you seem to be having constipation. If the other pathologies can be ruled out then there is an entity called Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS). Once a diagnosis has been confirmed then an appropriate diet schedule can be planned. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.